We exist because of dedicated, passionate, members. There are multiple ways you can get involved in our work! Montana Women Vote relies on community involvement and engagement in order to advocate, and we want your help!
Over the past several election cycles Montana Women Vote has registered over 12,500 unlikely voters, a large majority being low-income women, and achieved a 77% turnout rate. MWV has distributed voter guides informing of candidates positions and ballot initiatives that impact low-income women to over 30,000 Montanans. All of this work has happened because of our volunteers!!
The work of Montana Women Vote would not be possible without our amazing volunteers! Volunteers are the backbone of our engagement work. We always need help reaching out to Montanans about state and federal policies that impact women and families.
- Join our LEGISLATIVE PHONE TREE Jan 4 – April 30, 2021:
Be a part of our rapid-response team, working to protect Medicaid expansion, fund our social safety net, advocate for Indigenous sovereignty and justice, expand the rights of LGBTQ and Two Spirit Montanans, and defend access to comprehensive reproductive healthcare. We’ll help you get plugged in and give you all the information you need to take action and help others take action. Time commitment is between 5 minutes and 1 hour a week, depending on your level of involvement. For more information, email Ella@MontanaWomenVote.org.
- Share your story with Montana Women Vote:
One powerful tool we have to change policy is our stories. Montana Women Vote uses storytelling to build power in our communities, amplifying the voices of our members and sharing stories with policymakers. Your stories can be shared in storybooks given to legislators, in letters to the editor, in testimony at the legislature, and with the media. Read more about our story collection work here.
- Make your voice heard- Speak out on issues that are important to you! Montana Women Vote works to track state and local policies that affect women and families so that you can engage in the current policy debate, talk directly with lawmakers, and share your personal story. Contact us to work together on legislative testimony or a letter to the editor.
- Phone Banks – Volunteer at a virtual phone bank event and help us engage Montanans around the legislative session. Phone banks can be extremely effective in increasing supporters for different issues.
- Outreach work – Phone bank, testify at the legislature, host and help plan rallies, distribute legislative and election resources, bring your friends and neighbors to virtual events and volunteer days, register voters, and watch polls. There are so many ways Montana Women Vote can help you reach out to your friends and neighbors.
Have a question about volunteering? Contact Ella at (406) 317-1504, or by email at Ella@MontanaWomenVote.org
Learn about policy issues and develop your skills
Join Montana Women Vote and our partners to learn about issues that impact low-income individuals and families in Montana. The Women’s Policy Leadership Institute (WPLI) is an opportunity for folks of all backgrounds and levels of experience to build community, discuss policy issues, and advance your skills. WPLI will take place online Feb. 7-13, 2021.
Sign up for action alerts
- We send out updates on issues and policies that impact low-income women and families, including simple actions you can take as an advocate and weekly updates during Montana’s 67th Legislative Session. Click here to sign up!
Have an idea on how you would like to get involved with Montana Women Vote? Sign up on our volunteer page and tell us what you’re thinking!