JOB TITLE: Montana Women Vote (MWV) Development and Communications Manager
HOURS: 40 hours/week
SALARY: $37,000 – $42,000
ORGANIZATION AND POSITION BACKGROUND:
Montana Women Vote (MWV) works statewide to engage low-income women and families, LGBTQ folks, Two-Spirit and nonbinary folks, Black, Indigenous and People of Color, and their allies in the democratic process as informed voters, policy advocates, and community leaders. We work on issues including economic justice, health care reform, voting rights, criminal legal reform, and reproductive justice. We believe that civic action, policy change, and leadership development can together shift the balance of power and improve the lives of low-income women and families in Montana.
Additional info is available at www.montanawomenvote.org.
MWV is seeking a full-time Development and Communications Manager to work alongside the program team to create, manage, and evaluate development and communications work. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, ranging from $37,000 to $42,000. MWV provides a benefits package including generous paid leave and health insurance. The position is based in Missoula (preferred).
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and program team, coordinate and manage an annual development plan.
- This may include appeal letters, house parties, other events, one-on-one meetings, and other aspects of grassroots and major donor fundraising.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with existing donors.
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors.
- Provide stewardship to all donors through thank yous, communications, events, and one-on-one meetings.
- Create and maintain development processes and infrastructure, including managing our development and communications database.
- Assist Executive Director in raising funds from foundations as needed.
- Coordinate and manage a weekly communications calendar, including member emails and social media.
- Create communications content that highlights the work of MWV and opportunities for community members to get involved and take action.
- Manage the organizational website, including occasional content updates and troubleshooting.
- Support the program team in coordinating the annual Women’s Policy Leadership Institute (WPLI), MWV’s statewide conference.
- Participate in general administrative and quality control support.
- Work alongside MWV staff as a participating member of the Montana Women Vote team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 to 3 years of development and/or communications experience required, with a preference for social justice-related experience.
- Grassroots fundraising experience, such as appeal letters and house parties, is preferred. Major donor and/or sustainer fundraising experience is a plus.
- Self-directed – comfortable setting own work plan and achieving goals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently.
- Social media, database, and basic computer skills required, VAN experience preferred.
- Comfortable writing and creating content.
- Available to work some nights and weekends and travel as needed.
We’re seeking candidates who will excel at communicating about our work, building relationships with a wide variety of people, and working as a team with a small group of excellent colleagues. The ideal candidate has an understanding of structural change, racial equity, and social justice, is a creative thinker, and is self-motivated. Everyone interested in our political system, women’s issues, and civic engagement is encouraged to apply. This position will help you build a wide range of skills and provides the opportunity to bring unlikely and disenfranchised voters into the democratic process.
Submit resume and cover letter by email to Ella Smith: email@example.com. For questions or information, call (406) 417-0957. This position is open until filled. To be considered in this round of applicants, please submit your application by July 9th, 2021.
MWV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law. MWV is committed to diversity in our organization and encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and gender-diverse people to apply.