Montana Women Vote is hiring a Program Director.
Program Director Job Description
Organization and Position Background:
Montana Women Vote (MWV) is a statewide organization working to engage and mobilize low-income women and their allies as informed voters, policy advocates, and community leaders. We work on issues including economic justice, health care, voter rights, and reproductive justice. We believe that civic action, policy change, and leadership development can together shift the balance of power and improve the lives of low-income women and families in Montana. Our work includes voter registration and engagement, field campaigns, policy advocacy, and leadership development.
MWV is seeking a full-time Program Director to work alongside the Executive Director to create, manage, and evaluate program and organizational work. The salary range for this position is $34,000 to $38,000, commensurate with experience. MWV provides a benefits package including generous paid time off and health insurance. The position is based in Missoula and requires some travel, as well as some evening and weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Director will report to the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage a statewide voter registration, education, and mobilization campaign during election years,
- Support ED in policy and advocacy work both during legislative sessions and in the interim,
- Recruit, manage, and train volunteers, interns, and community leaders,
- Supervise part-time field or organizing staff across the state on voter registration and policy efforts, as needed,
- Build and maintain relationships with coalition members and community partners and allies,
- Coordinate annual Women’s Policy Leadership Institute (WPLI), MWV’s statewide conference,
- Assist Development Director in grassroots fundraising including house parties and mailings,
- Manage MWV’s social media and email action alerts.
For the right applicant, duties and responsibilities can be adjusted to meet the interests and skills of the candidate.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of social justice organizing/campaign/policy experience
- Experience working on issues such as economic justice, reproductive rights, health care, etc
- VAN, database, social media, and basic computer skills
- Experience with recruiting, managing, and retaining volunteers, leaders, and interns
- Self-directed – comfortable setting own work plan and achieving goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of people
- Available to work some nights and weekends and travel as needed
Submit resume and cover letter by email to Sarah Howell: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or information, call (406) 317-1505.
This position is open until filled. To be considered in the first round of applicants, please submit your application by May 11th, 2018.
MWV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.